I am jealous of the choice of words native Spanish speakers sometimes use when they speak English. Their seemingly-odd choice of words and sentence constructions can be more candid or poetic than those of a native speaker. Maybe I don’t need a thesaurus: I need a Spaniard.
- His armpit was singing to me = he had body odour.
- The one that left the arse = a fart.
- Let’s step into the shadow = let’s get into the shade.
- My English is a little oxidised = my English is a little rusty.
And here’s one from Denmark:
- He had mouth crap = He was talking shit.